Masarang Arenga Forest Sugar is a delicious, USDA certified organic, low- glycemic sugar tapped from the Arenga Pinnata. It is the healthiest choice of sweeteners that is mineral rich with less than half the glycemic load of cane sugar and honey. It is versatile and can be used to replace cane sugar in recipes. It has a naturally creamy caramel taste and a heavenly aroma. Arenga is recognised in human history as a health sweetener as early as 1400s, when it was exported as a diabetic-friendly sugar for the Chinese Emperor.
- Positive effect on blood sugar levels, respiratory and digestive systems, coronary functions, the skin, hair, metabolism and mental health
- Used in scrubs and masks as a nutritious and brightening skin food
- Wonderful caramel taste, naturally creamy and fragrant
- All Natural, 100% Arenga palm sugar, no additives
- Eco-friendly with zero waste and a carbon-neutral footprint
- A high quality sugar dehydrated by the geothermal heat in the Sulawesi highlands. This is very different from traditional methods of collection and burning biofuel that will also contaminate the sugar with insects, smoke and carbon.
- Supports fair-trade: the best price is paid to the Masarang Foundation and the Farmers.
- Supports rainforest and wildlife conservation, promotes sustainable agriculture. This sugar helps to fund the work of the Masarang Foundation which has been conserving huge tracts of forest land, protecting wildlife, providing villagers with a livelihood, and educating indigenous people about the importance of preserving their natural heritage.
Recipes & Videos
More at Straits Whole Foods’ YouTube channel